MADISON, Wis. - A Waunakee man dressed as Santa Claus rear-ended a sheriff's SUV Saturday evening, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
At about 7:30 p.m., a sheriff's deputy in the SUV was attempting to slow traffic due to an accident, authorities said.
The crash occurred on County Highway K just east of County Highway Q in the Town of Westport.
The driver, 69-year-old John Schuster of Waunakee, was dressed as Santa Claus and told deputies he was returning home from a holiday party at the American Legion in Westport.
Schuster was arrested for a fourth offense operating while intoxicated.
The deputy sustained minor injuries and was assessed by EMS.
According to the report, the Dane County Sheriff's Office vehicle was unmarked but had its emergency lights activated.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire