MADISON, Wis. - A 36-year-old Madison man has died from an apparent heroin overdose on the city's east side, according to Madison police, and another man faces charges in connection with the case.
Emergency personnel responded to the 3800 block of Johns Street Wednesday night about 7:45 p.m. for a report of an unresponsive person. When they got there, the man was not breathing and didn't have a pulse.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead, apparently due to a heroin overdose.
Police found Travis Hottinger, 35, at the home with the victim. Police arrested Hottinger, who was charged with possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm