MADISON, Wis. - A 36-year-old Madison man has died from an apparent heroin overdose on the city's east side, according to Madison police, and another man faces charges in connection with the case.
Emergency personnel responded to the 3800 block of Johns Street Wednesday night about 7:45 p.m. for a report of an unresponsive person. When they got there, the man was not breathing and didn't have a pulse.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead, apparently due to a heroin overdose.
Police found Travis Hottinger, 35, at the home with the victim. Police arrested Hottinger, who was charged with possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry