MADISON, Wis. - A police search for a Madison woman earlier this week is leading to potential criminal charges against her husband.
Andres Uscanga, 20, is being held in the Dane County Jail on tentative charges of kidnapping and battery.
A search warrant indicates that investigators believe Uscanga beat his wife at a home on Madison's west side and took her against her will to a hotel in Lake Delton.
Madison police asked for the public's help finding the 18-year-old woman on Monday.
On Tuesday, officers took Uscanga into custody at the hotel and found the woman, according to police.
The warrant said that during interviews with police, the woman had "two black eyes and numerous bruises" that she said Uscanga caused.
The woman told police she didn't try to get away from Uscanga because she was "scared I'd probably get beat up again."
The woman had recently filed for divorce from Uscanga, according to court records.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle