MADISON, Wis. - A police search for a Madison woman earlier this week is leading to potential criminal charges against her husband.
Andres Uscanga, 20, is being held in the Dane County Jail on tentative charges of kidnapping and battery.
A search warrant indicates that investigators believe Uscanga beat his wife at a home on Madison's west side and took her against her will to a hotel in Lake Delton.
Madison police asked for the public's help finding the 18-year-old woman on Monday.
On Tuesday, officers took Uscanga into custody at the hotel and found the woman, according to police.
The warrant said that during interviews with police, the woman had "two black eyes and numerous bruises" that she said Uscanga caused.
The woman told police she didn't try to get away from Uscanga because she was "scared I'd probably get beat up again."
The woman had recently filed for divorce from Uscanga, according to court records.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out