DARLINGTON, Wis. - The man accused of killing three people in a southern Wisconsin farmhouse last month is due in court.
Jaren Kuester is expected to make an initial appearance in Lafayette County Circuit Court Friday afternoon. The 31-year-old Milwaukee man is charged with killing 70-year-old Gary Thoreson; his 66-year-old wife, Chloe Thoreson; and his 76-year-old brother, Dean Thoreson, on April 27 in the Town of Wiota (weye-OH'-tah).
A criminal complaint said Kuester told investigators that challenges in his life made him feel like things were "crashing and burning around him," so he got in his SUV and started driving, eventually abandoning the vehicle in Green County. It says Kuester discarded his clothes and came upon the Thorseson home where he killed the victims with a fireplace poker.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire