MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man already in jail is also accused of an attack that took place on a Metro bus Oct. 5.
Derrick Page, 22, was charged with battery in what police called an unprovoked attack captured on a surveillance camera. The victim was seated toward the front of the bus when a thin-build black male came toward him from the back of the bus and delivered the blows, according to the incident report. Police say the video helped lead them to Page.
Page is an inmate in Dane County for an unrelated case from June in which police say he punched a loss prevention officer in East Towne Mall. According to the June incident report, the officer had confronted the suspect for shoplifting at Hollister, a retail clothing store.
The 48-year-old bus attack victim was not seriously injured, police said.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns