BELOIT, Wis. - One man has been arrested, while another man remains at large, in connection with a fatal two-car accident on the east side of Beloit Sunday.
Beloit police said Johnquayl Bell, 23, turned himself in to police Wednesday afternoon.
Bell was arrested and charged with homicide by negligent use of a motor vehicle and taken to the Rock County Jail. He is scheduled to have an initial appearance Thursday.
Bell was accompanied by an attorney and invoked his Miranda rights.
Police said Cassondra Sympson was a passenger in a vehicle that was struck at the intersection of Coplin and Yates avenues Sunday. The 21-year-old Beloit woman died before a medical helicopter arrived at the scene. Three others in her vehicle were taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and released. The injured passengers included two children younger than two.
Police said the suspect vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed in a residential area when it hit the victims' vehicle.
Police would still like to talk to Chatavier Bell-Johnson, who was also in the car with Bell at the time of the accident.
However, there are no pending charges for him related to the accident.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm