MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man has been arrested and tentatively charged in an attempted homicide incident Sunday morning, according to a release.
Police responded to the 5300 block of Trafalger Place on Madison's east side around 12:20 a.m., officials said. A 39-year-old man with stab wounds to the head was transported to a local hospital where he underwent surgery. Police said he remains hospitalized and is listed in critically stable condition.
"This is a life-threatening injury and we're hopeful that perhaps he can pull through, but this also could become a homicide," Madison Police Department spokesman Joel DeSpain said.
Following an investigation, George Brown, 58, was arrested on a tentative charge of attempted second-degree intentional homicide, according to the release.
Police do not believe the general public is in danger, and the incident appeared to involve individuals who knew each other, according to the release.
"These are people that know each other very well, and were at a cookout at a home together and got into an argument and one thing led to another, and we have our suspect stabbing our victim in the head with a knife," DeSpain said.Madison crime map
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks