MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after running over a Madison police car and fleeing officers, according to Madison police.
An officer said Zachary J. Zwiefel, 23, was spotted jumping up and down on the hood of a squad car parked in the 500 block of State Street early Saturday morning. Zwiefel ran from the trunk, over the roof and onto the hood, according to officers.
Zwiefel fled and officers chased him into a gated-off dead-end area near Frances Street, according to police.
Police said Zwiefel told officers he was just trying to impress his friends.
He was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage to property and resisting arrest.
Damage to the squad car was estimated at $1,000.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn