MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after running over a Madison police car and fleeing officers, according to Madison police.
An officer said Zachary J. Zwiefel, 23, was spotted jumping up and down on the hood of a squad car parked in the 500 block of State Street early Saturday morning. Zwiefel ran from the trunk, over the roof and onto the hood, according to officers.
Zwiefel fled and officers chased him into a gated-off dead-end area near Frances Street, according to police.
Police said Zwiefel told officers he was just trying to impress his friends.
He was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage to property and resisting arrest.
Damage to the squad car was estimated at $1,000.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land