MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a 27-year-old Chicago man faces numerous charges, including armed robbery and battery, following an incident on the city's east side early Friday morning.
Police said the victim was getting out of his car in the 4700 block of Cottage Grove Road around 1:20 a.m. Friday when he was confronted by Sterling Ellison at gunpoint.
Ellison struck the victim in the head, forced him to the ground and demanded money, according to police. Police said after he took money from the victim's pockets, he grabbed the victim's car keys and drove away.
Police said they saw the victim's car and started a pursuit. The car crashed into a light pole near the corner of Stoughton Road and East Washington Avenue, according to police. Police said Ellison was arrested and taken to the Dane County Jail.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash