JANESVILLE, Wis. - A man led law enforcement on a car -- and later foot -- chase in Janesville, Wis., after police discovered a burglary in progress Friday morning.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said police identified Timothy Garland, 31, driving away from the residence that was robbed on Emerald Grove Road at about 10:40 a.m.
Law enforcement officers said they attempted to stop Garland but a high-speed chase ensued on East Rotamer Road to North Highway 26. Deputies lost sight of the vehicle for several minutes but discovered Garland's abandoned vehicle at Park Place Apartments on Park Place Lane. Minutes later after a brief foot chase, Janesville police officers took Garland into custody.
Police said items stolen from the residence were found in Garland's car.
The incident lasted about 19 minutes, according to police.
Garland is in Rock County jail.
In addition to Rock County and Janesville police agencies, the Wisconsin State Patrol contributed to the arrest.
The sheriff said the department is investigating other similar area burglaries.
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says