MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man is facing charges in connection with shoplifting and an attack at a west Madison retail store Saturday, police said.
The Madison Police Department said Thursday that 44-year-old Jermaine E. Harris Sr. was arrested on suspicion of robbery with use of force, disorderly conduct and battery.
Police said Harris had a cart full of alcohol worth about $600 that he rolled out of Target on Junction Road at 8:39 p.m. When the 21-year-old loss prevention officer tried to stop Harris, Harris pushed him. The worker retreated back into the Target, but Harris reportedly chased him down and punched him, knocking him down.
Harris was reportedly cursing loudly and drawing attention from shoppers as he loaded the alcohol into his car.
- Police arrest man in Wisconsin bicyclist hit-and-run death
- Wisconsin farmers help harvest corn after neighbor dies
- Car crashes into Stoughton home
- Wisconsin inmate says flawed FBI hair, fiber analysis forced him to take 50-year prison plea deal
- Motorcyclist dies and passenger injured after striking deer in Mazomanie
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide