LANCASTER, Wis. - A Mineral Point man was arrested on suspicion of 16 charges after an investigation began into tire slashings and the cutting of a phone wire and wires on railroad crossing arms.
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office said the crimes took place in Grant, Iowa and Dubuque counties between Feb. 17-19. Detectives said they took numerous reports of criminal damage to property at boat landings and state parks along the west side of the county.
On Feb. 20, the Iowa County Sheriff’s Office took a report of tires being slashed at the Cox Hollow boat landing at Governor Dodge State Park.
James C. Davee, 50, of Mineral Point, was arrested on suspicion of 14 counts of criminal damage to property and two counts of criminal damage to a railroad. He’s scheduled to appear in Grant County Court on June 26.
- Officer injured when OWI driver strikes squad car, police say
- 5th person dies from Didion Milling explosion injuries
- Attorneys to meet Monday on youth prison plan after judge orders changes
- UWPD K9 Casey retires after 10 years of service
- Analysis finds lead in 1 in 5 baby food samples
- First alert traffic: NB interstate backed up 12 miles; Drivers delayed 75 minutes