BEAVER DAM, Wis. - A Beaver Dam man was arrested early Thursday after accusations of the man threatening to kill a family and throwing a neighbor's chain saw into a lake, according to a release from Beaver Dam police.
Officers were called to a report of a neighbor dispute in the 300 block of Haskell Street on Wednesday at 8:46 p.m. and found the disagreement was over one of the neighbors throwing a chain saw into Beaver Dam Lake.
Police said the 36-year-old man who threw the chain saw into the lake was also accused of threatening to kill his neighbor and neighbor's family. Officers said they also learned the man had tried to get guns earlier in the day from a family home in the town of Beaver Dam. The neighbor also reported seeing the man with a handgun several days before.
Officers said the man was uncooperative and family members and neighbors expressed concern about his behavior.
Police entered the man's home and arrested him at 1:07 a.m. No guns were found. He was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and intimidation of a victim.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire