MANITOWOC, Wis. - A Manitowoc man accused of fatally shooting his brother has been released from jail.
The 65-year-old man was arrested Sunday after his 62-year-old brother was killed. The Manitowoc County coroner said the younger man died of a single gunshot wound to the head at close range.
Defense attorney Brian Maloney said it's a case of self-defense. Maloney said the brother who was killed had a history of mental illness and of threatening people. He said the younger man was attacking his brother when he was shot.
HTR Media said the older brother was released from jail Tuesday without bond or any conditions. A bail hearing was canceled.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral