MANITOWOC, Wis. - A Manitowoc man accused of fatally shooting his brother has been released from jail.
The 65-year-old man was arrested Sunday after his 62-year-old brother was killed. The Manitowoc County coroner said the younger man died of a single gunshot wound to the head at close range.
Defense attorney Brian Maloney said it's a case of self-defense. Maloney said the brother who was killed had a history of mental illness and of threatening people. He said the younger man was attacking his brother when he was shot.
HTR Media said the older brother was released from jail Tuesday without bond or any conditions. A bail hearing was canceled.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program