An Argyle man charged with killing his three young sons and trying to kill his wife and daughter by setting fire to their home is due back in court next month.
Armin Wand III is scheduled to appear in Lafayette County Circuit Court on Nov. 13 for a preliminary hearing.
Prosecutors allege the 32-year-old father and his 18-year-old brother, Jeremy Wand, set fire to the house Sept. 7 to collect life insurance on Armin Wand's wife, Sharon, and their children. Seven-year-old Allen, 5-year-old Jeffrey and 3-year-old Joseph died in the fire. Sharon Wand rescued the couple's 2-year-old daughter, Jessica, from the fire.
A criminal complaint says both men have confessed to setting the fire so Armin Wand could make a "fresh start." The complaint alleges Armin offered his brother $300 to help.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart