DARLINGTON, Wis. - The man accused of killing three members of a family in Lafayette County is due back in court.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Monday afternoon for 31-year-old Jaren Kuester of Milwaukee.
Kuester is charged with killing 70-year-old Gary Thoreson; his 66-year-old wife, Chloe Thoreson; and his 76-year-old brother, Dean Thoreson, last month at their farmhouse near Wiota.
Kuester's public defender, Guy Taylor, later told reporters after an initial appearance last week that Kuester is being held in isolation. Taylor said he's investigating Kuester's mental state and whether he may have been using drugs. He also said he's considering an insanity plea.
Kuester is being held on $3 million bond.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime