DARLINGTON, Wis. - The man accused of killing three members of a family in Lafayette County is due back in court.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Monday afternoon for 31-year-old Jaren Kuester of Milwaukee.
Kuester is charged with killing 70-year-old Gary Thoreson; his 66-year-old wife, Chloe Thoreson; and his 76-year-old brother, Dean Thoreson, last month at their farmhouse near Wiota.
Kuester's public defender, Guy Taylor, later told reporters after an initial appearance last week that Kuester is being held in isolation. Taylor said he's investigating Kuester's mental state and whether he may have been using drugs. He also said he's considering an insanity plea.
Kuester is being held on $3 million bond.
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions