DARLINGTON, Wis. - The man accused of killing three members of a family in Lafayette County is due back in court.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Monday afternoon for 31-year-old Jaren Kuester of Milwaukee.
Kuester is charged with killing 70-year-old Gary Thoreson; his 66-year-old wife, Chloe Thoreson; and his 76-year-old brother, Dean Thoreson, last month at their farmhouse near Wiota.
Kuester's public defender, Guy Taylor, later told reporters after an initial appearance last week that Kuester is being held in isolation. Taylor said he's investigating Kuester's mental state and whether he may have been using drugs. He also said he's considering an insanity plea.
Kuester is being held on $3 million bond.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry