MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are setting up special traffic enforcement areas in the city over the next three days.
Officers will be looking for speeding and other traffic violations in the following areas:
- 200 S. Whitney Way on Tuesday
- 1400 E. Johnson St. on Wednesday
- 900 Packers Ave. on Thursday
Madison police said they rely on the public's cooperation to be aware of and to follow traffic laws.
A similar enforcement effort on East Washington Avenue last week resulted in 60 speeders being pulled over.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say