MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of cocaine possession and resisting an officer after police said an officer approached a group of people in a park after hours.
Lawrence Dion Brock Sr., 45, was also arrested on a parole violation Monday.
The responding officer said the individuals were spotted in Reynolds Park at about 10:30 p.m. The park closed at 10 p.m. When approaching the group, a man in the group tried to quickly leave the area, according to police.
The officer said a white powdery residue was spotted on a soft drink can held by Brock.
The other individuals were cited for being in the city park after hours.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes