MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of cocaine possession and resisting an officer after police said an officer approached a group of people in a park after hours.
Lawrence Dion Brock Sr., 45, was also arrested on a parole violation Monday.
The responding officer said the individuals were spotted in Reynolds Park at about 10:30 p.m. The park closed at 10 p.m. When approaching the group, a man in the group tried to quickly leave the area, according to police.
The officer said a white powdery residue was spotted on a soft drink can held by Brock.
The other individuals were cited for being in the city park after hours.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested