MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man is accused of sexually assaulting a child repeatedly for several years, according to court documents.
Jose Rojas-Laguna, 44, was charged Friday in Dane County with one count of repeated sexual assault involving the same child.
A criminal complaint said police took a report last week from a 16-year-old girl who told police Rojas-Laguna had touched her sexually multiple times beginning in 2008.
The complaint described dozens of assaults in which Rojas-Laguna would take the child, then about 11 years old, into a bedroom and touch her sexually. In 2011, Rojas-Laguna began forcing the child to touch him sexually, according to the complaint. The last assault happened sometime around August 2013.
The suspected assaults took place at two Madison residences; one in south Madison and another on the near west side, the report said.
Rojas-Laguna faces up to 60 years in prison on the charge.
A court date is scheduled April 14, according to online records.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls