La CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police have released surveillance footage of the Dec. 30 officer-involved shooting after a traffic stop.
Daniel A. Lexvold, of La Crosse, got out of his vehicle during a traffic stop on Highway 16 between La Crosse Street and Gillette Street.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department said it was investigating an incident earlier that night when they found Lexvold's car and pulled it over. Backup from the La Crosse Police Department was called when Lexvold was not cooperative with the sheriff's deputy.
Authorities said once officers from the La Crosse Police Department reached the scene, Lexvold got out of the vehicle and displayed a weapon. After various forms of force were used to try to control the suspect, but the suspect charged the officers and was shot.
No officers were hurt in the incident, which remains under investigation.
Lexvold was charged with three counts of attempted battery to a police officer, criminal damage to property, battery to a law enforcement K-9, domestic disorderly conduct and seven counts of felony bail jumping.
The officer was placed on administrative leave per department policy.
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin
- Possible homicide charges for teen driver after man killed in crash
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer