La CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police have released surveillance footage of the Dec. 30 officer-involved shooting after a traffic stop.
Daniel A. Lexvold, of La Crosse, got out of his vehicle during a traffic stop on Highway 16 between La Crosse Street and Gillette Street.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department said it was investigating an incident earlier that night when they found Lexvold's car and pulled it over. Backup from the La Crosse Police Department was called when Lexvold was not cooperative with the sheriff's deputy.
Authorities said once officers from the La Crosse Police Department reached the scene, Lexvold got out of the vehicle and displayed a weapon. After various forms of force were used to try to control the suspect, but the suspect charged the officers and was shot.
No officers were hurt in the incident, which remains under investigation.
Lexvold was charged with three counts of attempted battery to a police officer, criminal damage to property, battery to a law enforcement K-9, domestic disorderly conduct and seven counts of felony bail jumping.
The officer was placed on administrative leave per department policy.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees