VIENNA, Wis. - Authorities said a Waunakee man was taken to the hospital after his SUV rolled over in a accident with a semitrailer.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said at 11:28 a.m., deputies responded to a rollover crash at the intersection of Highway DM and Madigan Road in the town of Vienna.
According to the sheriff's department, Michael Richards, 31, of Waunakee, was northbound on Highway DM in his 1999 Jeep Cherokee when a 2005 Peterbilt semitrailer, which was headed south on Madigan Road, entered the intersection and hit the Jeep on the driver's side door.
Dane County Sheriff's Lt. Tim Schuetz said the impact caused Richards' Jeep to rollover. Richards, who was wearing a seat belt, was taken to UW Hospital by Waunakee EMS with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
Wade Kessenich, 23, of DeForest, who was driving the Peterbilt, was not injured, the sheriff's office said.
Schuetz said Kessenich will be cited for failure to yield the right of way while making a left turn.
Authorities said alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK