VIENNA, Wis. - Authorities said a Waunakee man was taken to the hospital after his SUV rolled over in a accident with a semitrailer.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said at 11:28 a.m., deputies responded to a rollover crash at the intersection of Highway DM and Madigan Road in the town of Vienna.
According to the sheriff's department, Michael Richards, 31, of Waunakee, was northbound on Highway DM in his 1999 Jeep Cherokee when a 2005 Peterbilt semitrailer, which was headed south on Madigan Road, entered the intersection and hit the Jeep on the driver's side door.
Dane County Sheriff's Lt. Tim Schuetz said the impact caused Richards' Jeep to rollover. Richards, who was wearing a seat belt, was taken to UW Hospital by Waunakee EMS with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
Wade Kessenich, 23, of DeForest, who was driving the Peterbilt, was not injured, the sheriff's office said.
Schuetz said Kessenich will be cited for failure to yield the right of way while making a left turn.
Authorities said alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes