JANESVILLE, Wis. - An investigation into purse-snatching cases on Janesville's north side business district has led to the arrest of a Janesville man, according to police.
Travis J. Boerschinger, 26, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of seven counts of theft from a person and two counts of attempted theft from a person.
Police said the arrests started in early October and occurred at Sam's Club, Movies 16, America's Best Value Inn, Woodman's, Boston Store, Walmart and Shopko.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say