JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police are investigating a shooting early Monday morning after a man claimed he was shot by a stranger near a bike trail on the city's east side.
Police were called to the emergency room of St. Mary's Janesville hospital around 12:30 a.m. Monday.
According to Janesville Sgt. Dean Sukus, a Brodhead man told police he was shot by a stranger after the shooter flagged him and a friend down near the entrance to a bike trail at the corner of Wright Road and Skyview Drive.
The victim said his friend then drove him to the emergency room, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg.
Anyone with information about this shooting should call Janesville police at 755-3100.23027386
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs