JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police are investigating a shooting early Monday morning after a man claimed he was shot by a stranger near a bike trail on the city's east side.
Police were called to the emergency room of St. Mary's Janesville hospital around 12:30 a.m. Monday.
According to Janesville Sgt. Dean Sukus, a Brodhead man told police he was shot by a stranger after the shooter flagged him and a friend down near the entrance to a bike trail at the corner of Wright Road and Skyview Drive.
The victim said his friend then drove him to the emergency room, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg.
Anyone with information about this shooting should call Janesville police at 755-3100.23027386
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online