JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police are investigating a homicide Saturday after a Janesville woman was found dead inside a home.
No one has been arrested, but a man who was in the house was taken to Mercy Hospital with unspecified medical issues.
Deputy Chief Danny Davis said officers were called to the home Saturday about 3 a.m. to check on a woman who was reportedly late getting home. Police forced open a door and found Traci Moyer, 46, dead inside.
Davis said an autopsy will reveal the cause of death, but police are confident they're investigating a homicide. He also said the public isn't in danger.
The man's medical condition hasn't been released. Authorities identified him as Moyer's estranged husband, 54-year-old Krystopher Carlisle. Davis said it's not immediately clear whether he played any role in the apparent homicide.
The autopsy is scheduled for Sunday.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say