JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police are investigating a homicide Saturday after a Janesville woman was found dead inside a home.
No one has been arrested, but a man who was in the house was taken to Mercy Hospital with unspecified medical issues.
Deputy Chief Danny Davis said officers were called to the home Saturday about 3 a.m. to check on a woman who was reportedly late getting home. Police forced open a door and found Traci Moyer, 46, dead inside.
Davis said an autopsy will reveal the cause of death, but police are confident they're investigating a homicide. He also said the public isn't in danger.
The man's medical condition hasn't been released. Authorities identified him as Moyer's estranged husband, 54-year-old Krystopher Carlisle. Davis said it's not immediately clear whether he played any role in the apparent homicide.
The autopsy is scheduled for Sunday.
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles