JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested after a traffic stop Thursday because he's suspected of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to Janesville police.
Police said an officer pulled over Richard L Lambert, 55, at 2:09 a.m. near the intersection of Holiday Drive and North Pontiac Drive when he noticed a car with a broken headlight, fresh damage to the front and crossing the centerline.
The officer said Lambert has slurred speech and failed field sobriety tests. Lambert consented to blood testing. Test results are not yet known.
Police were unable to determine if Lambert's car had been involved in a crash.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says