JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested after a traffic stop Thursday because he's suspected of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to Janesville police.
Police said an officer pulled over Richard L Lambert, 55, at 2:09 a.m. near the intersection of Holiday Drive and North Pontiac Drive when he noticed a car with a broken headlight, fresh damage to the front and crossing the centerline.
The officer said Lambert has slurred speech and failed field sobriety tests. Lambert consented to blood testing. Test results are not yet known.
Police were unable to determine if Lambert's car had been involved in a crash.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs