JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man has been arrested on suspicion of his seventh drunken-driving charge.
The Rock County sheriff's office says the 45-year-old man was speeding early Wednesday morning. The man allegedly crossed the center line and nearly hit a deputy's squad car.
When the deputy stopped him the deputy noticed the man's car had heavy front-end damage and the man had fresh facial injuries from an earlier accident. A mugshot shows the man with cuts on his scalp and on his forehead above his left eye.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment and then arrested. He is due in court on Thursday.
Deputies weren't able to find the scene of his earlier accident.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns