JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man has been arrested on suspicion of his seventh drunken-driving charge.
The Rock County sheriff's office says the 45-year-old man was speeding early Wednesday morning. The man allegedly crossed the center line and nearly hit a deputy's squad car.
When the deputy stopped him the deputy noticed the man's car had heavy front-end damage and the man had fresh facial injuries from an earlier accident. A mugshot shows the man with cuts on his scalp and on his forehead above his left eye.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment and then arrested. He is due in court on Thursday.
Deputies weren't able to find the scene of his earlier accident.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry