BOSCOBEL, Wis. - A Blue River woman arrested during a disturbance injured a jailer after she arrived at the jail, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to East Prairie Street in Boscobel at 7:58 p.m. for a report of a woman out of control. Investigators said Eliza C. Kulp, 19, was intoxicated and disorderly at a residence in North Lancaster Township. A group told deputies they tried to return her home when she became combative, forcing them to pull over in Boscobel and call for help.
Once at the Grant County Jail, Kulp became combative and an officer was kicked in the face while trying to regain control of her, according to deputies. They said a struggle ensued and a jailer also received a minor injury to his shoulder.
Kulp was arrested on suspicion of battery to an officer, disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property, underage drinking, and on a probation violation.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire