ANTIGO, Wis. - Relatives and friends urged a Langlade County judge to sentence a former principal to community service for providing marijuana to school staff and coaches.
But, Judge Fred Kawalski sentenced John Lund to three months in jail and 18 months of probation during a court appearance Thursday.
The 48-year-old former Antigo elementary school principal and high school football coach was also ordered to serve 200 hours of community service. Lund apologized to family and friends in court for letting them down.
WJFW-TV reported Lund's parents and others testified about his character and pleaded for leniency. He was accused of sharing marijuana with school staff and coaches in Antigo and Merrill.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK