ANTIGO, Wis. - Relatives and friends urged a Langlade County judge to sentence a former principal to community service for providing marijuana to school staff and coaches.
But, Judge Fred Kawalski sentenced John Lund to three months in jail and 18 months of probation during a court appearance Thursday.
The 48-year-old former Antigo elementary school principal and high school football coach was also ordered to serve 200 hours of community service. Lund apologized to family and friends in court for letting them down.
WJFW-TV reported Lund's parents and others testified about his character and pleaded for leniency. He was accused of sharing marijuana with school staff and coaches in Antigo and Merrill.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in