THERESA, Wis. - Dodge County authorities say six to eight masked men entered a home in Theresa, tied up 13 children and young adults and ransacked the home.
The sheriff's department said the victims ranged in age from four to about 30. They were in the home Saturday when the armed intruders burst in.
Shortly after the intruders tied up the occupants, two neighbors in their 50s arrived at the home. Authorities say the intruders tied them up as well.
Some of the victims were kicked or pistol-whipped. There were no immediate reports of serious injuries.
A WISN-TV report said the suspects stole jewelry, purses, wallets and cash, and then fled. One of the victims was able to escape and call 911.
Authorities are still searching for the suspects.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap