MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are asking residents to make sure their garage doors are closed, as they received reports of intruders taking advantage of open doors.
Residents at a home on Woodley Lane were awakened Thursday night when they heard someone inside their house. One of them yelled for the intruder to leave, and they heard a door slam.
Police said a burglar had fled empty-handed.
The victims realized they had left the garage door open and the door between the house and the garage
Police said they’ve also taken reports of bicycles being stolen from open garages.
- Didion disagrees with proposed $1.8M in fines after fatal explosion
- Police: Safety tips while you're away for the holidays
- Suspicious man asks Madison children to get into black pickup truck on way to school
- 2 traffic stops lead to 2 drug arrests, deputies say
- Worker injured in cheese plant explosion, fire
- Former Wisconsin prisons secretary penning tell-all book