MADISON, Wis. - A Waunakee man is a facing an impaired driving charge after a hit-and-run crash Saturday morning, police said.
Madison police said a witness reported at about 10:45 a.m. that a man drove his car into another car, hopped a curb and knocked down a stop sign on North First Street near East Johnson Street.
Police said the driver, 20-year-old Henry J. Irwin, then got out of the vehicle and fled on foot.
Police said Irwin struggled with officers and was cited on suspicion of resisting police and operating under the influence.
- Madison Police respond to shooting on east side
- Madison Police investigate Verona Road armed robbery
- Rain, winds dampen season at Yahara Hills Golf Course
- Columbia County deputies: 2 killed when lawn mower, motorcycle collide
- Milwaukee police investigate fatal shooting of 6-year-old
- Wisconsin school district changes staff social media policy