LA CROSSE,Wis. - Eleven people were rescued after a houseboat tipped over on the Mississippi River on the Minnesota-Wisconsin border Monday.
Six people were taken to the hospital, but all expected to survive. The rest of the group did not need medical attention. Everyone on the boat has been accounted for.
Authorities said an early investigation shows the vessel may have lost power Monday evening. It was then carried into the rollers at Lock and Dam No. 7.
A family of four drowned in 2007 when their boat lost power in the same area.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online