LA CROSSE,Wis. - Eleven people were rescued after a houseboat tipped over on the Mississippi River on the Minnesota-Wisconsin border Monday.
Six people were taken to the hospital, but all expected to survive. The rest of the group did not need medical attention. Everyone on the boat has been accounted for.
Authorities said an early investigation shows the vessel may have lost power Monday evening. It was then carried into the rollers at Lock and Dam No. 7.
A family of four drowned in 2007 when their boat lost power in the same area.
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos