MADISON, Wis. - More than 100 people were in the street watching a disturbance in downtown Madison Saturday night that sent two to the hospital, Madison police said.
Police responded to reports of a large-scale disturbance in the 100 block of North Hancock Street around midnight, according to a release.
There were more than 100 people in the street and approximately 10-15 individuals were actively fighting, police said. Two people fighting were significantly injured, and were transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The disturbance was a result of a private house party. Information about the party was posted to social media and resulted in numerous unwanted individuals showing up, according to the release.Madison crime map
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer