MADISON, Wis. - More than 100 people were in the street watching a disturbance in downtown Madison Saturday night that sent two to the hospital, Madison police said.
Police responded to reports of a large-scale disturbance in the 100 block of North Hancock Street around midnight, according to a release.
There were more than 100 people in the street and approximately 10-15 individuals were actively fighting, police said. Two people fighting were significantly injured, and were transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The disturbance was a result of a private house party. Information about the party was posted to social media and resulted in numerous unwanted individuals showing up, according to the release.Madison crime map
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan