PESHTIGO, Wis. - Authorities say a Peshtigo woman who worked to protect victims of domestic violence was stabbed to death in her home.
State Department of Justice officials said the boyfriend of Patricia Waschbisch could be charged in her death later this week. The 48-year-old man was found in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa and could be returned to Marinette County Wednesday.
The body of the 45-year-old woman was found in her Peshtigo home Sunday night.
WLUK-TV reported Waschbisch worked as the interim director of Rainbow House, a domestic violence shelter and advocacy group in Marinette.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday