PESHTIGO, Wis. - Authorities say a Peshtigo woman who worked to protect victims of domestic violence was stabbed to death in her home.
State Department of Justice officials said the boyfriend of Patricia Waschbisch could be charged in her death later this week. The 48-year-old man was found in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa and could be returned to Marinette County Wednesday.
The body of the 45-year-old woman was found in her Peshtigo home Sunday night.
WLUK-TV reported Waschbisch worked as the interim director of Rainbow House, a domestic violence shelter and advocacy group in Marinette.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs