COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - A man suspected of fleeing from the scene of a crash in Cottage Grove Thursday morning was found in Madison, according to Cottage Grove police.
Police were called to County Road BB and Vilas Hope Road in the Town of Cottage Grove at 7:06 a.m. for a report of a hit-and-run crash. Officers said a westbound car trying to make a left turn onto Vilas Hope Road was struck from behind by another vehicle.
Police said the vehicle that rear-ended the car fled and was later found by Madison police behind a business on Cottage Grove Road.
A 32-year-old Sun Prairie man fled the vehicle on foot with his children and was located by police on Vernon Road, according to police.
The man was cited on suspicion of operating while suspended, hit-and-run and failure to report a crash.
Madison police are also investigating a crash the man was involved in shortly after the crash in Cottage Grove.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving