COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - A man suspected of fleeing from the scene of a crash in Cottage Grove Thursday morning was found in Madison, according to Cottage Grove police.
Police were called to County Road BB and Vilas Hope Road in the Town of Cottage Grove at 7:06 a.m. for a report of a hit-and-run crash. Officers said a westbound car trying to make a left turn onto Vilas Hope Road was struck from behind by another vehicle.
Police said the vehicle that rear-ended the car fled and was later found by Madison police behind a business on Cottage Grove Road.
A 32-year-old Sun Prairie man fled the vehicle on foot with his children and was located by police on Vernon Road, according to police.
The man was cited on suspicion of operating while suspended, hit-and-run and failure to report a crash.
Madison police are also investigating a crash the man was involved in shortly after the crash in Cottage Grove.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart