SPRING GREEN, Wis. - An Arena man was captured hours after eluding police who were pursuing him as a suspect in a hit-and-run case, according to the Iowa County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Scott A Neefe, 24, was involved in a hit-and-run near Pecks Farm Market at 6445 Highway 14 at about 10 p.m. Wednesday and eluded a Spring Green police officer.
Neefe fled on foot after his vehicle left the roadway on Coon Rock Road near Arena and damaged a wire fence and trees, according to deputies.
Neefe was captured more than two hours later, evaluated for hypothermia and transported to Sauk County.
Deputies said alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam