SPRING GREEN, Wis. - An Arena man was captured hours after eluding police who were pursuing him as a suspect in a hit-and-run case, according to the Iowa County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Scott A Neefe, 24, was involved in a hit-and-run near Pecks Farm Market at 6445 Highway 14 at about 10 p.m. Wednesday and eluded a Spring Green police officer.
Neefe fled on foot after his vehicle left the roadway on Coon Rock Road near Arena and damaged a wire fence and trees, according to deputies.
Neefe was captured more than two hours later, evaluated for hypothermia and transported to Sauk County.
Deputies said alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers