MADISON, Wis. - A handgun, a shotgun, ammunition, jewelry, a coin collection, electronics and a safe were taken during the daytime burglary of a Madison home, according to police.
Police were called to the home of a 58-year-old man and his family in the 6700 block of Schroeder Road at 4:15 p.m. Thursday.
Police said damage to the front door was consistent with it being pried open.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash