MADISON, Wis. - A handgun, a shotgun, ammunition, jewelry, a coin collection, electronics and a safe were taken during the daytime burglary of a Madison home, according to police.
Police were called to the home of a 58-year-old man and his family in the 6700 block of Schroeder Road at 4:15 p.m. Thursday.
Police said damage to the front door was consistent with it being pried open.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike