SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Two 13-year-old boys are charged with killing a woman with a hatchet and hammer in Sheboygan Falls. Prosecutors say one of the boys is the victim's great grandson.
The two appeared in Sheboygan County Circuit Court Friday where $1 million bond was set for each on charges of party to first-degree intentional homicide.
Prosecutor Joe DeCecco told a judge the boys were going to the home of 78-year-old Barbara Olson to steal from her and kill her.
Authorities say Olson was killed Monday and her body left in the garage, where it was discovered by her daughter Wednesday.
A criminal complaint says the boys stole jewelry and the victim's car and went out for pizza after the crime.
The great-grandson's defense attorney says he'll try to have the case moved to juvenile court.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land