MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are searching for a sex offender who left his Odana Road halfway house and is no longer wearing his GPS bracelet.
John Curry, 42, might have been near Lapham Elementary School Friday morning, according to police. A photo of Curry was shared with school officials.
Police believe Curry might have been in the downtown area.
Curry was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in 1994.
Madison police, U.S. Marshals and the Department of Corrections are involved in the search.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls