MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are searching for a sex offender who left his Odana Road halfway house and is no longer wearing his GPS bracelet.
John Curry, 42, might have been near Lapham Elementary School Friday morning, according to police. A photo of Curry was shared with school officials.
Police believe Curry might have been in the downtown area.
Curry was convicted of second-degree sexual assault of a child in 1994.
Madison police, U.S. Marshals and the Department of Corrections are involved in the search.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says