MADISON, Wis. - A spokesman for Washington Gov. Chris Gregorie says Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has asked her to return a prisoner wanted for killing his half-brother to Wisconsin.
Dane County prosecutors have charged Jeffrey Vogelsberg with killing Matthew Graville in their Mazomanie home in July. Authorities arrested Vogelsberg last month in Washington State. He had moved there to be with his wife, who is stationed at a military base near Tacoma.
Vogelsberg has refused to waive extradition to Wisconsin. Gregoire spokesman Jason Kelly said Walker has sent her a rendition warrant, which is essentially a request for Gregoire to ship Vogelsberg to this state.
Kelly said the paperwork is on its way to Gregoire's office and she has never denied such a request. A Walker spokeswoman didn't immediately return a message.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution