MADISON, Wis. - A spokesman for Washington Gov. Chris Gregorie says Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has asked her to return a prisoner wanted for killing his half-brother to Wisconsin.
Dane County prosecutors have charged Jeffrey Vogelsberg with killing Matthew Graville in their Mazomanie home in July. Authorities arrested Vogelsberg last month in Washington State. He had moved there to be with his wife, who is stationed at a military base near Tacoma.
Vogelsberg has refused to waive extradition to Wisconsin. Gregoire spokesman Jason Kelly said Walker has sent her a rendition warrant, which is essentially a request for Gregoire to ship Vogelsberg to this state.
Kelly said the paperwork is on its way to Gregoire's office and she has never denied such a request. A Walker spokeswoman didn't immediately return a message.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes