MADISON, Wis. - A spokesman for Washington Gov. Chris Gregorie says Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has asked her to return a prisoner wanted for killing his half-brother to Wisconsin.
Dane County prosecutors have charged Jeffrey Vogelsberg with killing Matthew Graville in their Mazomanie home in July. Authorities arrested Vogelsberg last month in Washington State. He had moved there to be with his wife, who is stationed at a military base near Tacoma.
Vogelsberg has refused to waive extradition to Wisconsin. Gregoire spokesman Jason Kelly said Walker has sent her a rendition warrant, which is essentially a request for Gregoire to ship Vogelsberg to this state.
Kelly said the paperwork is on its way to Gregoire's office and she has never denied such a request. A Walker spokeswoman didn't immediately return a message.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets