ORANGE PARK, Fla. - Police in Florida arrested a former Reedsburg resident in connection with a homicide.
John Buskager, 22, is charged with murder after police said he strangled Andrew Stiekman, 49, of Orange Park, Fla.
The local medical examiner concluded Stiekman died by strangulation Wednesday.
Police said Buskager and Stiekman got involved in a struggle Wednesday in Stiekman's Orange Park motel room. Police said Buskager lied numerous times in an interview with police on Friday.
"It appears [Buskager] met the victim with the intent of robbing him," said a Clay County Sheriff's Office report.
Authorities said Stiekman was found dead Wednesday in his motel room and it appeared his room had been straightened up and Stiekman's van, wallet and cell phone were missing.
Buskager was booked into the Clay County Jail Friday. Along with a murder charge, Buskager faces robbery and theft charges.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online