ORANGE PARK, Fla. - Police in Florida arrested a former Reedsburg resident in connection with a homicide.
John Buskager, 22, is charged with murder after police said he strangled Andrew Stiekman, 49, of Orange Park, Fla.
The local medical examiner concluded Stiekman died by strangulation Wednesday.
Police said Buskager and Stiekman got involved in a struggle Wednesday in Stiekman's Orange Park motel room. Police said Buskager lied numerous times in an interview with police on Friday.
"It appears [Buskager] met the victim with the intent of robbing him," said a Clay County Sheriff's Office report.
Authorities said Stiekman was found dead Wednesday in his motel room and it appeared his room had been straightened up and Stiekman's van, wallet and cell phone were missing.
Buskager was booked into the Clay County Jail Friday. Along with a murder charge, Buskager faces robbery and theft charges.
- Stoughton man critical after rollover crash
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'