FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Fond du Lac police have arrested 10 people, and are looking for five more suspects as part of a major drug sting in eastern Wisconsin.
Police officials announced the major drug operation early Friday morning. Approximately 30 officers started serving arrest warrants on 15 people in connection with drug trafficking in the Fond du Lac area on Thursday, according to Fond du Lac police. Police said they conducted a similar operation last month.
Police said the illegal drugs involved in this latest operation included heroin, crack cocaine and marijuana.
"The investigation and arrest of those persons that are involved in the illegal drug business in our community is a main enforcement priority for us," said Fond du Lac Police Chief Bill Lamb. " And to those drug dealers in our community that we haven't yet arrested - we want to send a very loud and clear message that the City of Fond du Lac Police Department is directing every available resource at eventually arresting you as well."
Police said this is the third major drug arrest operation in 9 months in Fond du Lac. So far, police said they have targeted more than 60 drug dealers in the Fond du Lac area.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program