BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Police said officers are investigating a smash-and-grab burglary that took place at a farm equipment store in Beaver Dam early Saturday.
The Beaver Dam Police Department said officers responded to a security alarm at the Fleet Farm just after 2 a.m.
According to the report, it appeared a thief entered the building through a window, shattered part of a firearm display case and made off with guns.
Beaver Dam Police did not release information about the type of firearms stolen. Police said detectives had processed the scene and released it back to Fleet Farm staff by at least 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
The report did not indicate the value of the guns that were taken nor the estimated cost in damage to the display case that was broken in the burglary.
The Waupun Police Department's K-9 unit and the Dodge County Sheriff's Department assisted Beaver Dam police with the incident.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online