BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Police said officers are investigating a smash-and-grab burglary that took place at a farm equipment store in Beaver Dam early Saturday.
The Beaver Dam Police Department said officers responded to a security alarm at the Fleet Farm just after 2 a.m.
According to the report, it appeared a thief entered the building through a window, shattered part of a firearm display case and made off with guns.
Beaver Dam Police did not release information about the type of firearms stolen. Police said detectives had processed the scene and released it back to Fleet Farm staff by at least 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
The report did not indicate the value of the guns that were taken nor the estimated cost in damage to the display case that was broken in the burglary.
The Waupun Police Department's K-9 unit and the Dodge County Sheriff's Department assisted Beaver Dam police with the incident.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says