BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Police said officers are investigating a smash-and-grab burglary that took place at a farm equipment store in Beaver Dam early Saturday.
The Beaver Dam Police Department said officers responded to a security alarm at the Fleet Farm just after 2 a.m.
According to the report, it appeared a thief entered the building through a window, shattered part of a firearm display case and made off with guns.
Beaver Dam Police did not release information about the type of firearms stolen. Police said detectives had processed the scene and released it back to Fleet Farm staff by at least 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
The report did not indicate the value of the guns that were taken nor the estimated cost in damage to the display case that was broken in the burglary.
The Waupun Police Department's K-9 unit and the Dodge County Sheriff's Department assisted Beaver Dam police with the incident.
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake