EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - An Eau Claire couple filed a suit alleging the man who was with their adult son the night he drowned played a role in his death, though police found no indication of foul play.
Larry and Anita Fike's 21-year-old son, Joseph, drowned in the Chippewa River last year. He had tried to swim from an island in the river to shore in July.
An autopsy revealed no traumatic injuries and determined his cause of death was accidental drowning. The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reported that toxicology tests show Fike's blood alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit for driving.
The Eau Claire couple is seeking unspecified damages and attorney fees.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game