EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - An Eau Claire couple filed a suit alleging the man who was with their adult son the night he drowned played a role in his death, though police found no indication of foul play.
Larry and Anita Fike's 21-year-old son, Joseph, drowned in the Chippewa River last year. He had tried to swim from an island in the river to shore in July.
An autopsy revealed no traumatic injuries and determined his cause of death was accidental drowning. The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram reported that toxicology tests show Fike's blood alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit for driving.
The Eau Claire couple is seeking unspecified damages and attorney fees.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK