TOWN OF MANCHESTER, Wis. - A 17-year-old boy is facing charges after a family dog was found shot, according to a release from the Green Lake County Sheriff’s Office.
A man in southern Green Lake County called deputies on May 16 to report that his family dog had been missing since May 12 and that he suspected foul play.
Deputies said they found that the man’s dog, a 10-year-old yellow lab, had been running in a field near a fence and was shot by a turkey hunter.
The remains of the dog were found Sunday.
A 17-year-old boy from Cambria was arrested Monday on suspicion of felony mistreatment of animals causing death.
- Fitchburg to launch rideshare service
- Red Cross: multiple people displaced in Juneau County fire
- Coroner: Marquette County hunter dies of gunshot wound; officials investigate
- City of Madison asks for feedback on proposed ID program
- Three hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Ravens force 5 TOs, rout struggling Packers 23-0