MADISON, Wis. - A dispute that started on Facebook led to a fight between two teenage girls, according to Madison police.
Police said the 14-year-old and 15-year-old girls brought several friends with them when they met in a park near North Sixth Street Tuesday afternoon. The girls exchanged blows, and the 14-year-old struck the 15-year-old in the face with a padlock, according to police.
The 15-year-old suffered facial cuts and a swollen lip.
The 15-year-old told police the 14-year-old was given the padlock by another girl.
The 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery while armed and disorderly conduct. Another 14-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need