MADISON, Wis. - A dispute that started on Facebook led to a fight between two teenage girls, according to Madison police.
Police said the 14-year-old and 15-year-old girls brought several friends with them when they met in a park near North Sixth Street Tuesday afternoon. The girls exchanged blows, and the 14-year-old struck the 15-year-old in the face with a padlock, according to police.
The 15-year-old suffered facial cuts and a swollen lip.
The 15-year-old told police the 14-year-old was given the padlock by another girl.
The 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery while armed and disorderly conduct. Another 14-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field