MADISON, Wis. - A bullet struck a passing car and a nearby building in a shooting on Madison's north side Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The Madison Police Department said no one was hurt during the shooting, which happened at about 2:30 p.m. on Green Avenue near Knutson Drive.
According to the report, a woman was driving in the area when her windshield was struck by a bullet. An occupied home was also affected by gunfire.
Officers recovered casings from the roadway, and witnesses told police the shooting appeared to have been between occupants of two vehicles that were traveling through the area. Neither the house nor the damaged car appear to have been targets, but rather were hit by errant bullets.
- UW-Madison: Images of strange solar system visitor
- Attorney in 'Making A Murderer' case files a notice of appeal
- Groups challenge dairy industry lawsuit settlement
- Dane County Holiday Farmer's Market season kicks off Saturday
- Didion disagrees with proposed $1.8M in fines after fatal explosion
- Police: Safety tips while you're away for the holidays