A 98-year-old man was struck and killed while retrieving his mail along a Sheboygan County road.
Sheriff's officials say Erhard Klug, of rural Random Lake, accidentally stepped into the path of a van on County Road HH about 4 p.m. Tuesday. Klug was taken by helicopter to Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee where he died of his injuries.
Deputies say the van was driven by a 52-year-old woman who is also from rural Random Lake.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land