A 98-year-old man was struck and killed while retrieving his mail along a Sheboygan County road.
Sheriff's officials say Erhard Klug, of rural Random Lake, accidentally stepped into the path of a van on County Road HH about 4 p.m. Tuesday. Klug was taken by helicopter to Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee where he died of his injuries.
Deputies say the van was driven by a 52-year-old woman who is also from rural Random Lake.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns