A 98-year-old man was struck and killed while retrieving his mail along a Sheboygan County road.
Sheriff's officials say Erhard Klug, of rural Random Lake, accidentally stepped into the path of a van on County Road HH about 4 p.m. Tuesday. Klug was taken by helicopter to Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee where he died of his injuries.
Deputies say the van was driven by a 52-year-old woman who is also from rural Random Lake.
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown