TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - A bartender was punched in the face while she was trying to escort a drunken patron to the door, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said John K. Marlowe, 42, attacked the 35-year-old bartender at Murphy's Bar and Brill on State Highway 113 in the town of Westport on Wednesday night after she refused to serve him more alcohol and asked him to leave.
The bartender was punched in the face with a closed fist, according to the release. Bar patrons held Marlowe until deputies arrived.
Marlowe was arrested on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns