TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - A bartender was punched in the face while she was trying to escort a drunken patron to the door, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said John K. Marlowe, 42, attacked the 35-year-old bartender at Murphy's Bar and Brill on State Highway 113 in the town of Westport on Wednesday night after she refused to serve him more alcohol and asked him to leave.
The bartender was punched in the face with a closed fist, according to the release. Bar patrons held Marlowe until deputies arrived.
Marlowe was arrested on suspicion of battery and disorderly conduct.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer