MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they found bottles of beer and alcohol next to the driver of an SUV involved in a hit-and-run crash on Saturday.
Police said a crash was reported at Johnson and Blair streets at 3:53 p.m. and an officer doing traffic enforcement nearby saw an SUV matching the description drive past with smoke coming out the front.
The driver of the SUV didn't pull over right away but eventually stopped in a Fordem Avenue parking lot.
Jammie D. Davis, 26, was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run and operating while revoked.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested