MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they found bottles of beer and alcohol next to the driver of an SUV involved in a hit-and-run crash on Saturday.
Police said a crash was reported at Johnson and Blair streets at 3:53 p.m. and an officer doing traffic enforcement nearby saw an SUV matching the description drive past with smoke coming out the front.
The driver of the SUV didn't pull over right away but eventually stopped in a Fordem Avenue parking lot.
Jammie D. Davis, 26, was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run and operating while revoked.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash