MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they found bottles of beer and alcohol next to the driver of an SUV involved in a hit-and-run crash on Saturday.
Police said a crash was reported at Johnson and Blair streets at 3:53 p.m. and an officer doing traffic enforcement nearby saw an SUV matching the description drive past with smoke coming out the front.
The driver of the SUV didn't pull over right away but eventually stopped in a Fordem Avenue parking lot.
Jammie D. Davis, 26, was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run and operating while revoked.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land