MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they found bottles of beer and alcohol next to the driver of an SUV involved in a hit-and-run crash on Saturday.
Police said a crash was reported at Johnson and Blair streets at 3:53 p.m. and an officer doing traffic enforcement nearby saw an SUV matching the description drive past with smoke coming out the front.
The driver of the SUV didn't pull over right away but eventually stopped in a Fordem Avenue parking lot.
Jammie D. Davis, 26, was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run and operating while revoked.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday